5 Free NYC Spots to Visit this Winter
These winter-inspired spots are practically begging to be photographed for your Instagram feed. Extra points for matching your outfits to the backgrounds...
1. Winter Wonderland at The Standard Plaza: Your typical Christmas tree looks bland compared to the array of rainbow-colored ones decorating this outdoor space at The Standard Hotel/Highline. There is even a pop-up hot chocolate stand where you can order a drink to keep you warm as you snap pics! (848 Washington Street; open Mon-Sun 11am-12am through the rest of the year)
2. Moxy Times Square Holiday Pop-Up: Barbie meets Christmas in this holiday pop-up on the second floor of the hotel. The all-pink living room with a pink piano, fireplace, grandfather clock, and tree is total #holidaygoals. (485 7th Avenue; open 24 hours through January 2nd)
3. The Aritzia Super Puff Room: Inspired by the clothing brand’s signature super puff jacket, this infrared space certainly strikes gold. (524 Broadway; every day 10am-9:30pm through the spring)
4. The Oculus Mirrored Snowman: Take a visit down to World Trade Center and visit the largest snowman you’ve ever seen—the ceiling even lights up with snowflakes as you walk around shopping! (33-69 Vesey Street, World Trade Center; open 24 hours through December 31st)
5. Lotte New York Palace Christmas Tree: Adorned with ornaments, ribbon, tinsel, and more, this holiday display is simply bursting with Christmas spirit. (455 Madison Avenue; through January 6th)